Faculty of Law has been organizing Dr.V.N.Shukla Memorial Lecture’ on one of the contemporary topic during every year for the last several consecutive years. Legal luminaries like Prof.Mool Chand Sharma, Prof.R.K.Mishra, Ex.VC, DDU, Dr.Brij Kishore Sharma, Ex-Chairman, Copyright Board, Prof.M.P.Singh, VC, NUJS, Hon’ble Justice Markandey Katju of SC and Dr.Justice A.S.Anand, EX-Chief Justice of India have so far delivered enlightening and thought provoking lecture in the series. Faculty organizes Inter Semester Moot Court and a cultural event ‘Sanskriti Surabhi every year.
Awards and Achievements:
1. Faculty published Journal titled Lucknow Law Journal containing articles written by prominent Indian jurists after 1976. This was a milestone which faculty achieved with due support of IPPR and the Vice-Chancellor. This journal was first published in 1941.
2. Faculty of Law, Newsletter is publishing every year.
Achievements/Milestones of Students : Approx. 25 students selected in PCS (J) Examination, 2015
No. of Candidates Awarded LL.D./Ph.D in 2015
No. of Students selected in NET/JRF/SLET: 20
Awards/Distinction Earned by Students
1. Amitabh Srivastava Silver Medal
2. Rajat Shukla Bronze Medal
Prof. (Dr.) Rakesh Kr. Singh is Recipient of “Jagdish Prasad Legal Research Gold Medal” for the best research work published in the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, 2006 and also Best Teacher Award of Lucknow University, 2010
Book Awarded by “Raj Award” Ministry of Law and Justice, Legislative Department, Government of India, New Delhi to the following Books :
1. Environmental laws (in Hindi), by Dr.C.P.Singh
2. U.P. Land Laws (in Hindi), by Dr.C.P.Singh
3. Alternative Dispute Resolution System, (in Hindi), by, by Dr.B.D.Singh
4. Muslim Law, (in Hindi), by Dr.Rakesh Kr. Singh
5. Hindu Law (in Hindi), by Dr.Rakesh Kr. Singh
Refresher Course :
The Faculty of Law successfully organized a Refresher Course in Law in 2012.
Faculty has been so far organized more than dozen seminars on contemporary topic.
National and Inter-Semester Moot Court Competition
Faculty organized National Moot Court Competition on 2005 and 2010 respectively. Inter-Semester and Intra-Collegiate Moot Court Competitor has been organsing for every year since last five years
1. Amitabh Srivastava a student of LL.B. Hons. VIIth Semester received Dr. Chakravarti Gold Medal which is awarded to a student who is of good behavior and is helpful to other fellow students in convocation 2013.
2. Shipra Mishra received Prem Narain Tandon Memorial Gold Medal and Dr. Raj Krishna Memorial Gold Memorial Medal for securing highest marks in LL.M. examination and she also bagged Chancellor’s Silver Medal for being the best student in P.G; in Convocation 2013 of University of Lucknow.
3. Arpita Singh and Priyanka Singh re-ceived Chancellor’s Bronze Medal for being the best student in final year of LL.B. course in Convocation 2013 of University of Lucknow.
4. Amitabh Srivastava, Abhinav Dwivedi, Tarun and Shalini secured fifth position in Surana & Surana Moot Court Competition held at RGNLU.