The Department has, from time to time, identified thrust areas around which research projects and several studies cutting across disciplinary boundaries have been conducted.
These areas of research include:
• Teacher Education at Primary, Secondary and Higher levels
• Assessment of Teaching and Learning
• Women Education
• Inclusive Education
• Curriculum Design and Development
• Disability Management and Special Education
• Contemporary Issues of Education like Peace, Values, Human Rights etc.
• Technological and ICT based Innovative Practices in Education
• Educational Management, Administration and Polices
• Sociological and Political Dimensions of Education
• Philosophical and Psychological aspects of Education
• Pedagogical aspects of School Subjects
• Environmental Education