The Institute and the experts associated with it have worked with/ advised Government(s); World Bank; UN Organisations; USAID Associates.
The Institute has developed or contributed to Human Development Report and Sustainable Development report etc.
Currently the Institute has partnered with Government of UP and Department of Economics, LU to develop “Uttar Pradesh Sustainable Development Report”.
Chief Secretary Government Of Uttar Pradesh has notified a Steering Committee for creating Uttar Pradesh sustainable Development report with Prof Arvind Mohan, Director IDS as convenor. The Steering Committee is chaired by Prof K V Raju, Economic Advisor to Honourable Chief Minister of UP and has Vice Chancellor, University of Lucknow as Honourable Member. Twenty Two Experts from across the country are partnering with the institute to develop this prestigious document
Prof Arvind Mohan
Consultancies & International Exposure
- Consultant World Bank, various assignments involving lending(s) to government(s) . Part of several UP specific missions as well as studies.
- Consultant UNDP, UNICEF, USAID Associate
- Invited by American Government through its Ambassador in Indiaas International Visitor
- Experience of guiding UN interns from ivy league institutions like Harvard, MIT Universities of Columbia, Sussex, Melbourne
Experience / Assignments with UP Government
- Convenor, Steering Committee UP Sustainable Development Report, Committee Notified By Chief Secretary UP
- Member Pvt Universities Act Drafting Committee Headed by Hon. Dy CM, UP
- Convenor UP Sustainable Development Report Steering Committee, notified by Chief Secretary UP
- Chairman, Committee for framing Service Rules for Group C Employees of All State Universities, GoUP
- Member Committee for Drafting Amendment to Higher Education Council Act
- Member Board of Governors UPAAM Academy for Training IAS, PCS Officers
- Member Policy Committees of different Departments. Several; Studies for Udyog Bandhu, Department of Planning etc.
- Economist for UP Health Systems Development Project (World Bank)
- Adjunct Professor IIM Lucknow
- Expert For NAAC (National Accreditation and Assessment Council)
- Coordinator for Rs 1000 Crore USAID Funded IFPS Project
Administrative Experience at University:
- Dean Academics, University of Lucknow.
- Director Institute of Management Sciences– 3.8 years. Transformed the Institution. Revenue rose from Rs 5 Crore to 14 Crores. MBA admissions rose from 178 to 400. Three new courses started.
- Director, Institute of Development Studies Since 3 Years Six Months;
- Director Population Research Centre (GoI Centre) – Since 2 Years Six Months;
- Director Planning & Development – 5 Years; Provost Habibullah Hostel (5 Years)
- Head Department of Economics – Since 2 Years Six Months
- Member Secretary Hunger Project (adopted 120 villages of Gorakhpur and over 200 villages in Jhansi for Holistic Development (in 1990s)
- 120 Publications, Many with World Bank, ILO, UNDP etc.
Experience with Media
- Have been (weekly column) Columnist for Times of India; & Hindustan Times
- Expert for CNBC Awaaz; CNN; Zee News; Aaj Tak; News 24; TV 18; APN etc.