Prof. Nishi Pandey received the Saraswati Samman 2013 from the Department of Higher Education, Government of Uttar Pradesh for her academic/research achievements and contribution to Higher Education amongst many others. She has also been conferred with the Rani Laxmi Bai Bravery Award from the Government of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2016. She was awarded the Fulbright Scholarship by the USIEF- Fulbright Commission to attend FULBRIGHT –NEHRU INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION ADMINISTRATORS SEMINAR from 20 October- 03 November 2018. She has also been the recipient of the FULBRIGHT SCHOLARSHIP/AWARD for the “2005 STUDY OF THE U.S. INISTITUTE ON CONTEMPORARY LITERATURE” at the Commonwealth Centre for the Humanities and Society in the University of Louisville, USA from June to August 2005.
Prof. V.P. Singh is the recipient of the USIEF the FULBRIGHT SCHOLAR-IN- RESIDENCE FELLOWSHIP 2019- 2020 at Claflin University, Orangeburg, South Carolina, USA.
Prof. Ranu Uniyal was awarded the Commonwealth Scholarship for Ph.D. in U.K. at Hull University from September 1988- October 1991.
Prof. R. P. Singh is the recipient of the Shikshak Shree Samman 2015 for Innovations in Teaching and Commendable contribution in Higher Education from the Department of Higher Education, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Dr. Meenakshi Pawha is the recepient of the FULBRIGHT SUMMER PROGRAM at Multinational Institute of American Studies (MIAS) New York University, New York from June- July 2006.
- Prof. C. J. Brown M.A. (Oxon) 1921-1924 First Head of the Department of English & Modern European Languages, University of Lucknow.
- Prof. L. F. C. K Thorn M.A. (Oxon) 1924-1925
- Prof. R. H. Nixon B.A. (Cantab) 1925-1926- was a prominent spiritual master who took the name of Swami Prema.
- Many prominent scholars like Prof. N.K. Siddhant, Prof. A.V. Rao (Vice Chancellor of University of Lucknow for two terms), Prof. Ramesh Mohan( Vice Chancellor, EFLU), Prof. D.D. Sharma, Prof. Raj Bisaria and many others have been associated with this department.
- The renowned writer Ahmed Ali studied and taught in this department in the 1930s and the 1940s.
- Special lecture and interface with Preeti Shenoy, one of the bestselling authors from India on her published novels on 13th February 2015.
- Special lecture and interface with Qaisra Shahraz, the renowned British Pakistani novelist on his published novels on 16th February 2015.
- A Lecture on ‘Women and Technology’ by Rashmi Jain, Montclair State University, USA, on 19th February 2015.
- A Lecture on ‘S-India Strategic Partnership: Possibilities post the Obama Visit’ by Mr. Walter Douglas, Minister Counsellor for Public Affairs, US Embassy, New Delhi on 23rd February 2015.
- National Interdisciplinary Seminar on Trajectory of Indian Diaspora, Culture and Ethnicity with Dr. Meena T Pillai, University of Kerala as the chief guest and Prof Deepika Mukherjee, Northwestern University, USA, Prof. Sadanand Shahi, Benaras Hindu University, Prof S P Dixit as Valedictory Speaker, on March 20-21, 2015.
- A Special Lecture and Interface with Amish Tripathi, Bestselling Author from India on his Journey with the Shiva Trilogy with a introduction to his forthcoming novel Scion of Ikshvaku on 16th April 2015.
- A Presentation was organised by USIEF for the students on Fullbright-Nehru and other Fellowship Opportunities in the US with Pratibha Nair, Program Coordinator, Indian program (USIEF) as resource person on 21st April 2015.
- An Open Lecture on ‘Balancing artistic freedoms with the right not to offend’ and within that context a wider discussion on the role of the writer by Pranesh Prasad, Writer of Literary Fiction based in Australia on 12th May 2015.
- A Workshop was organized on Empowerment and Identity with the Screening of Documentary film ‘Urban Indian Womanhood’by Shweta Singh, Loyala University, Chicago, USA and Documentary Film Maker on 3rd August 2015.
- A Special Lecture on Women Empowerment in collaboration with Institute of Women Studies by Zarina Bhatti, renowned activist and academician on 3rd September 2015.
- An Open Lecture on Urban Space and Gender in collaboration with Institute of Women Studies by Binti Singh, Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute of Architecture and Environmental Studies, Mumbai on 19th September 2015.
- A Special Lecture on Spirituality and Youth for Chinmaya Birth Centenary Celebrations of Alumna’s Life was organized on 7th October 2015 where Swami Chidrupanandaji, Director, Youth Wing of Chinmaya Mission, Noida delivered a talk and Bhoomitra Dev, Former Vice Chancellor, Universities of Gorakhpur, Bareilly and Agra, presided over the function.
- A Special Lecture on ‘A Synthesis of Identity: Indian Hegemony through Indonesian Popular Culture’ by Ida Rochani Adi, Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada Indonesia on 9th October 2015.
- Birth Centenary Celebration of Arthur Miller (1915-2015) was held on October 17th & 19th 2015 with an Exhibition by Students that was open to Public. Dr. S. B. Nimse, Vice Chancellor, University of Lucknow inaugurated the event.
- A National Birth Centenary Celebration on Ismat Chugtai was organised from November 20th to November 21st 2016 with Prof Asaduddin, Jamia Milia Islamia, Prof Sukrita Paul Kumar, University of Delhi, Prof. Ali Ahmad Fatmi, University of Allahabad, Professor Rakshanda Jalil, Aligarh Muslim University as guests and speakers.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Coping with Disability: Challenges and Strategies’ in collaboration with Institute of Women’s Studies by Rahgida Kamal, Founder of Kamal Gardens for Special Adults, Amaan, Jordon on 30th November 2015.
- A Symposium on ‘Nai Sadi Ke Swar’ in collaboration with Institute of Women’s Studies and Ank Vichar Manch on 2nd December 2015 inaugurated by Dr. S B Nimbe, Vice Chancellor, University of Lucknow.
- A Workshop for Faculty and Students on “Unearth your Mirth” Mental Health and Illness was organised with Suchitra Kaul Misra, Register Medical Practitioner in Alternative Medicine as resource person on 4th December 2015.
- A Symposium on Women in Indian Society was organised in collaboration with Institute of Women’s Studies on 7th December 2015.
- An International Workshop on Women and Disability in collaboration with Institute of Women’s Studies and PYSSUM was organised with Cate Maclain, Dr. Pat Osbourne, Dr. Jane Macgrath from Center for Development and Disability, University of Mexico as resource persons on 6th February 2016.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Strengthening Democracy through Diversity, Pluralism in Educational Institutes and Society’ by Maria Finitzo, an Award Winning Documentary Filmmaker was held along with screening of the movie In the Game on 16th February 2017.
- An Open Lecture on ‘Towards Gender Mainstreaming: The Mandate of the State’ by Ms Vidushi Chaturvedi, Director, Department of Telecom, Govt of India on 16th March 2017.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Women Education and Empowerment’ in collaboration with Tehrim Dass Memorial Society by Meenakshi Gopinath, Founder and Director, Women in Security, Conflict Management and Peace (WISCOMP) on 8th March 2017.
- A National Seminar on Indian Literatures was organised on 17th and 18th March 2017 with Padma Shri Usha Kiran Khan, Dr. Sachida Nand Jha, Prof. Sadanand Shahi, Mr. Jagdish Piyush, Dr. Vidya Bindu Singh as guests and speakers.
- A Special Lecture and Interaction was held at Tagore Library in collaboration with US Embassy, New Delhi on ‘Civility in Politics’ and ‘Relationship between State and Federal Governments’ by Senator Deb Peters (South Dakota) and State Representative Helene M. Keeley (Delaware) on 15th May 2017.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Why I am so wise- Hegelian Reflections on Whether Reasons can be Enhanced’ by Richard Dien Winfield, Professor, Department of Philosophy, University of Georgia on 30th August 2017.
- An Open Lecture on ‘Lucknow of Nawabs and Begums’ by Ravi Bhatt, Distinguished Historian on 15th November 2017.
- A Special Lecture and Interaction with Poet Jayanta Mahapatra followed by Poetry Reading from his works on 20th November 2017.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Storytelling from Mesopotamia to the Moon’ by Martin Puchner, Harvard University on 2nd February 2018.
- A Special Lecture and Interface with Vishal Bharadwaj, the distinguished Hindi Filmmaker on Shakespeare in Adaptation was organised at Malviya Hall on 17th February 2018.
- An Open Lecture on ‘Challenges of Migration and Citizenship: African Americans and Asian Americans (1850-1925)’ by Prof Amritjit Singh, Langston Hughes Professor of English, Ohio University on 6th March 2018.
- A Special Lecture was organised by Department of English and M.E.L in collaboration with Tehrim Dass Memorial Society on Women in the Arts by Shovanna Narayan, World Renowned Indian Kathak Dancer in 8th
- An One Day Certificate Training Course was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. in collaboration with PYSSUM (NGO) and Keystone Institute India for emerging leaders in UP with elaborate on ‘Power of roles: An Orientation to social role valorization’ on 31st July 2018.
- An Open Lecture was organised on ‘Ehsaas: Supporting Street Children’ by Shachi Singh, Founder and General Secretary, Ehsaas Foundation on 18th August 2018.
- A Special Lecture was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. with special support from US Embassy, New Delhi on Tools Available to Counter Disinformation by Ms Geysha Gonzalez, Associate Director for the Eurasia Center at the Atlantic Council on 11th September 2018.
- A Roundtable in collaboration with U.S Embassy and All India Women’s Conference (NGO) on Women’s Issues within Uttar Pradesh by Ariel Pollock, Director, North India Office, US Embassy and Members of 20 prominent NGOs of State on 26th November 2018.
- A Special Lecture on ‘Stereotypes of Ancient Greek and Ancient Indian Theatre’ by Bharat Gupt, Renowned Indologist and Musicologist on 15th January 2019.
- An Open Lecture on Architecture and Literature of Nawabi Awadh by Yogesh Praveen, Distinguished Historian on 17th January 2019.
- A Special Lecture on Early Intervention: A Giant Step Towards the Inclusion of Children with Special Needs was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. in collaboration with PYSSUM by Arvind Baraunia, Head, CCM, SGPGI, Lucknow and Prof. Rushmi Kumar, HOD, Pediatrics, KGMU on 7th February 2019.
- An Open Lecture on ‘Rain water harvesting in the Buddhist way of Life: A scientific study of the Hydrology of Buddhist Caves in South Asia’ by Ranjana Mishra, Distinguished Historian and Visiting Faculty, SNDT, Women’s University, Mumbai on 8th February 2019.
- A Special Lecture was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. with special support from US Embassy, New Delhi on ‘Interfaith Dialogue and the Role of Women’ by Dr. Varun Soni, Dean of Religious Life at the University of Southern California on 8th March 2019. Education’
- A Special Lecture on ‘Early Intervention: A Foundation for Inclusive was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. in collaboration with PYSSUM by Rounaldo Reyes Mayo, Poet and Special Educator, San Diego, U.S.A on 13th March 2019.
- A Remedial Workshop for students was organised by Department of English and M.E.L. on ‘Critical Thinking: Constructing Logical Arguments’ by Rahul K. Shukla, Assistant Professor at XLRI, Jamshedpur, Adjunct Professor at IIM Kozhikode.
- A One Day National Seminar on Gandhi and Literature: Exploring the Ideological Fronts was organised by Department of English and M.E.L on 17th August 2019.
- A Lecture by Dr. Nina Vij, University of Jammu on Toni Morrison: Deconstructing Discourse, Reconstruction through Re-memories was held on 20th August 2019.
- A Talk with Sanjay Chauhan was held on the topic Telling Story through Motion Pictures on 6th September 2019.
- A Lecture was organised by Department of English and M.E.L on The Cleaning Brigade- Who and Why? by Sanghmitra Sheel Acharya on 7th September 2019.
- Ram Shankar Tiwari Memorial Lecture was organised by Department of English and M.E.L by Prof. Gurpreet Mahajan on ‘The Idea of Freedom’ on 19th September 2019.
- A three-day International Conference was organised by Department of English and M.E.L in collaboration with Indian Disability Studies Collective (IDSC) and PYSSUM on Deglobalising Disability: Texts and Context from 21st to 23rd October 2019.
- An Interface with the poet Tenzin Tsundue, Tibetan Poet and Activist followed by a poetry reading session from his own book was held on 17th February 2020.
- An International Workshop on ‘A Place for All: Working for a Community of Identity, Belonging and Value’ was organised by Department of English and M.E.L in collaboration with Keystone Institute India with Elizabeth Neuville, Executive Director, Keystone Institute India on 19th February 2020.
A Special Lecture on Self-Respect and Self Defence: Women of our Times as a part of International Women’s Day celebration was arranged with Dana Terrell as guest speaker on 7th March 2020.
A Webinar on “Beyond Pleasure Principle” was arranged by the Department of English and M.E.L on 16th May 2020.
A Zoom interactive session on “Re-crafting a Classic: Euripedes’ Medea” was organised with Anuradha Marwah as special guest on 4th June 2020.
E-journal of the Department of English and M.E.L, Rhetorica Quarterly was launched through a Zoom meeting on 25th June 2020.
A Webinar series was organised by the Department of English and M.E.L on the topic “Investigating Texts and Subject Positions in Post-Colonial Literature” on 11th July 2020.
A Webinar was arranged by the Department of English and M.E.L on Challenges and Children with Disabilities on 18th July 2020.
A Webinar was organised by the Department of English and M.E.L on the topic “Growing Up South Asian in America Today” with Alka Kurian as invited speaker on 18th August 2020.
- A Webinar was organised by the Department of English and M.E.L on the topic "Memory Studies: Interdisciplinary Research Possibilities" with Dr. Avishek Purai, IIT Chennai as invited speaker on 25 August 2020.
- A Webinar was organised by the Department of English and M.E.L on the topic "Science Fiction in the Times of Corona" with Sami Ahmad Khan as the invited speaker on 12 September 2020